Clear Cache on Opera Browser
Instructions to clean cache on the Opera browser
Follow the below steps to clear your web browser cache. Additionally, you can try doing a hard refresh on your web browser by pressing Ctrl F5 (PC) or Cmd + Shift key + R (Mac) to reload the page. In most cases, this will resolve your issue.
Click on the 3 vertical lines on the top right corner of the web browser.
Scroll down to Clear browsing data section and click on the Clear browsing data button.
In the next step, you should see a pop-up of Clear browsing data, with 2 tabs - Basic and Advanced.
Click on the Advanced tab for more options.
- For the Time range, you want to select how far back in time that you want to clear or clean. You should select All time, unless you are only clearing recent history.
- You will want to ensure that Browsing history is checked. This will clear all websites that you have visited.
- You will want to ensure that Download history is checked. This will clear the record of files that you've downloaded. Clearing this will not delete the file you have downloaded, only the record of where and when you downloaded it.
- You will want to ensure that News usage data is checked. This will clear the frequency and the length of time you spend on a news article from the personal news page, which is used to customize what news you see.
- You will want to ensure that Cookies and other site data is checked. This is the data from websites that you have visited, which is stored on your computer, such as site preferences and login status.
- You will want to ensure that Cached images and files is checked. This will clear data stored on your computer by applications or websites to make processes and site loading faster. It's a good idea to clean this periodically.
- Alternately, you might want to check Passwords and other site-in data, if you want to clear out all saved passwords by the browser. This is data related to logging you in automatically onto websites and applications.
- Alternately, you might want to check Autofill form data, if you want to clear out the data that you have entered on online forms. Information like credit card numbers, names, and phone numbers, which you can choose to store on your computer in order to have forms filled in automatically will be cleaned up.
- Alternately, you might want to check Site settings. These are websites that you have trusted and allowed permission to track your location, access your microphone, or send you cookies.
- Alternately, you might want to check Hosted app data, if you want to clear out data stored by extensions that you have installed on your web browser. Clearing this data resets the extension to its default setting.
- Once you have checked the appropriate boxes, then click on the Clear data button to execute the clearing of cached data.
At this point, your web browser cache has been cleared.